Our main purpose:
- to contribute to the development of Cultural Heritage Law with special focus on Antiquities Law
- to act as a strictly impartial center for Greek and foreign experts and other interested persons and bodies
- to raise public awareness on relevant legal issues
- and thereby protect cultural heritage – not only the Greek the Greek cultural heritage but that of humanity.
What we do:
- Our website keeps you informed on national and international news, Greek legislation and court decisions and acts as an open discussion forum.
- We support research by scholars, university students, and public officials
- We organize seminars, symposia, conferences
- We take an active role in public debate on cultural heritage issues as they arise.
What we deal with:
- Illicit trade in looted and stolen antiquities
- Recovery and restitution of stolen antiquities
- Property rights/real estate, public works and city planning
- Legal protection and reservation of archaeological sites and finds
- Private collectors rights and obligations
- Tax regulations
- Insurance issues
- Excavation, research and publication rights and responsibilities